This guide will take you step-by-step through the somewhat involved process of installing the Sentencing Guidelines (or any other) App onto an iPad or iPhone using Apple iTunes on a PC (or Mac). This can be useful if you cannot, for various reasons, download the app through the AppStore.
This method requires that you have iTunes installed on your Mac or PC. If you don't have iTunes installed, you'll need to do that first. Click here and then press the 'Download Now' button. Follow the on-screen instructions to get iTunes installed.
Installing Sentencing Guidelines Using iTunes (these instruction demonstrate with a PC):
1. First of all, click this link here whilst on your web browser on your PC or Mac. This will take you to the Sentencing Guidelines App website. On that website, there is an icon on the home page that links to iTunes. Scroll down, find it and then click it.
2. When you click that link it should take you to the iTunes website, whilst at the same time attempting to open the Sentencing Guidelines page iTunes. It may ask you permission to do this - click okay. If the pop-up shown in the image does not appear, click the 'View in iTunes' button beneath the Sentencing Guidelines icon.
3. Now that you're in iTunes, you can download the Sentencing Guidelines app onto your PC/Mac. If you're buying for the first time, simply click 'Buy':
3a. Or if you're reinstalling, click the 'Download' button - you'll simply need to ensure that you sign in to iTunes using the same Apple ID with which you purchased the App initially:
4. Once you've clicked the 'Download' or 'Buy' button, you'll be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID email address and password. Again, if you are attempting to reinstall an app already purchased, you'll need to use the same Apple ID.
5. If you're buying the app for the first time, you'll then have to confirm your purchase. If you have not yet provided your card details to iTunes, you'll need them here, so make sure you have your card with you. Either way, once the app is downloaded, it should appear under the 'My Apps' icon within iTunes, as in image 6.
6. Next, you'll need to connect your iPad or iPhone to your PC/Mac using the white cable that came with the device. An icon representing your device will appear in the toolbar of iTunes. Click that icon to access your device.
7. Within the list of settings on the left-hand side of the screen, there should be an 'Apps' option. Click this.
8. Once in your 'Apps' menu, you will see something like below. The array of screen images on the right represent the various home screens of your iPad. The list of Apps on the left-hand side are those currently downloaded from iTunes onto your PC/Mac. Locate Sentencing Guidelines, and click install. If you have a preference as to where on your iPad the App goes, you can drag and drop the icon onto the correct place on the screen representations (8a. and 8b.)
8c. Which ever method you choose, the icon next to Sentencing Guidelines will change to say 'Will Install'. You can then choose to add more app, or rearrange the apps on the screen of your iPad.
9. Once you've made all of the changes you wish to make, click the 'Apply' button on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. This toolbar also shows the space on your iPad and the breakdown of its contents. Make sure you don't try and install too much!
10. Your App(s) will begin to sync to the iPad, as shown at the top of the screen. If you've never downloaded an App using iTunes on your PC before, you may be asked to authorise the machine to do so. Be aware that you can only authorise 5 PCs/Macs to do this, so keep a note of how many you have enabled.
11. The App(s) will then finish syncing to your iPad, but this does not mean they have finished installing! The icon next to Sentencing Guidelines changes from 'Will Install' to 'Installing', and the Sentencing Guideline's icon will appear on your iPad (wherever you chose to place it) under a timer whilst the app is installing. If any of these things are in progress, do not remove your iPad:
12. Once your App(s) have finished installing, the icon(s) will appear as normal on your iPad and the buttons next to them within iTunes will change to remove (which uninstalls the App in questions). You can now disconnect your iPad from your PC/Mac and use your App as normal.